- Monday 29th January - attending a public meeting in support of efforts to change the legislation governing the use of prior sexual history in allegations of sexual assault and then speaking at the North East London Fabians launch.
- Wednesday 31st January - supporting a motion calling for the restoration of the House of Commons to begin, following evidence that the continued delay is leading to further cost to the public purse.
- Friday 2nd February - running the Our Streets, Our Schools, Our Safety event for local young people. See below for details.
- Saturday 3rd February- supporting Labour candidates in Chingford for the Council elections.
- Sunday 4th February - appearing on the Peston on Sunday programme.
________________Our Streets, Our Schools, Our Safety: Youth led Workshop
On Friday 2nd February during the daytime, I will be running a workshop for young people and those who work with them in Walthamstow to share their concerns, thoughts and ideas about staying safe and well in our area.
This interactive event will be an opportunity for young people in Walthamstow to explore issues around gang involvement, knife crime, stop and search, sexual harassment and assault with a range of organisations including the police, local businesses, the Council and youth organisations.
If you would like your school or organisation to participate, please call my office on 020 8521 1223 or email Jess.
I would also like to congratulate St Mary’s Primary School which has won £95,600 of funding from the Department for Education to support their work improving children’s attainment.