Movement for Change have offered to run another bus to Conference for us on Sunday September 21st - and entry to the M4C showcase event (more info about M4C on facebook). This invitation is for all Walthamstow Constituency Labour Party members and all local Labour Party supporters (and especially to those who came on the Brighton day trip to Conference last year.)
Conference is in Manchester this year so there is rather more travel time and it will be a longer day (but we don't have to get across London . . .) The planned timings for the day are:
- 8.15am - meet at 23 Orford Road, London E17 9NL [this will be the only pick-up point]
- 8.30am - depart
- 12.30pm - estimated arrival in Manchester at Conference and M4C venue
- 1.30-2.30pm - Movement for Change Conference event at Screen 2, AMC Great Northern 16, Deansgate, Manchester M3 4EN; you do NOT need a conference pass for this as it will be outside the ticketed zone. Conference itself is at Manchester Central [formerly known as the G-Mex exhibition centre, and before that as Manchester Central Station].
- 2.30-4.45pm - free time in Manchester [there are numerous free events outside the ticketed zone, or party members can buy a day pass for Conference by following the link here, or you can just enjoy the sights of Manchester!]
- 4.45-5pm - meet at departure point
- 5pm - depart Manchester
- 9pm - estimated arrival time back at 23 Orford Road
There will be a short stop about half-way in both directions [unless severe traffic problems on the way there would make us late for the M4C event]. This will allow you to get refreshments, use toilets etc, but not a sit-down meal. You are welcome to bring sandwiches to eat on the bus, and there will be plenty of time in Manchester to look for somewhere to eat, though we can't guarantee how much time you will have before the event. We expect to use the same bus in both directions so you should be able to leave belongings you don't wish to carry around locked in the bus while we're in Manchester.
Last year's trip was a tremendous success which everyone greatly enjoyed. The bus was almost full with around 40 members and supporters (some of whom gathered on the beach for a photo). The enjoyment was crowned on that occasion by the award of 'Campaigner of the Year' to our very own Yemi Osho - now councillor for Lea Bridge ward.
If you'd like to join us just send an email. The invitation is open to all CLP members, all local Labour Party supporters, friends family etc. There is no charge for the bus, but if you were able to make a small contribution on the day to M4C expenses for booking it that would of course be very welcome. Last year was great fun; do join us if you can this year. If you've already asked to reserve a place you should get an email soon [if not email: firstname.lastname@example.org to check]. You can also check this page for any news or updates to this event.