Terry Paul Emily Georghiou
Monday, 25 April 2011
Posted by Philip CC at 13:02
- Saturday 23 April holding a drop in surgery in Selbourne Walk Shopping Centre in Walthamstow High Street between 12pm and 2pm. This is open to all local residents to attend but please be aware there can sometimes be queues!
- Sunday 24 April attending the Chariot Festival organised by Bedford Road Hindu Temple
- Tuesday 26 April returning to parliament to participate in the debate on the finance bill and make the case for regulation of legal loan sharking
- Wednesday 27 April participating in debates on the future of higher education and the future of Sure Start services in parliament.
- Thursday 28 April going to a celebration of Workers Memorial Day at Waltham Forest Town Hall and then to the Walthamstow Constituency Labour Party General Committee meeting where there will be a debate on the merits of AV. If you would like to attend please get in touch.
Posted by Philip CC at 12:55
Thursday, 14 April 2011
- Friday 15 April paying a visit to Haven House Hospice in South Woodford.
- Saturday 16 April attending the opening of the Mill aka the former St James Street Library.
- Tuesday 19 April meeting with local film students to and representatives from the local voluntary sector to discuss public service cuts.
- Thursday 21 April dropping into the Salaam Peace Sporting Cup event at The Douglas Eyre Centre.
- Saturday 23 April holding a drop in surgery in Selbourne Walk Shopping Centre in Walthamstow High Street between 12pm and 2pm. This is open to all local residents.
- Sunday 24 April attending the chariot Festival organised by Bedford Road Hindu Temple.
Posted by Philip CC at 22:01
Saturday, 9 April 2011
Jennette Arnold's newsletter tells us this week that The Big Lottery Fund have just set up the Big Local Trust Scheme to improve the lives of local residents in areas that are often overlooked. The fund have identified the first fifty areas they will be directing funds. Both Wick Ward in Hackney and William Morris Ward in Waltham Forest have been selected.
If you are a local group in one of the targeted neighbourhoods you may be able to access some of the funds . The Big Local Trust schemes will be promoted and advertised at a local level once they are set up. You can find out more about the scheme here.
Posted by Philip CC at 20:19
Friday, 8 April 2011
- Friday 8 April judging the Speak Out Challenge at Frederick Bremer School
- Monday 11 April holding an appointment-only surgery (to book an appointment call 020 8521 1223) and then hosting a workshop for local groups on the new immigration rules.
- Wednesday 13 April organising a capacity building event for the Somali community
- Friday 15 April visiting to Haven House Hospice in Woodford Green.
Posted by Philip CC at 00:05
Wednesday, 6 April 2011
Saturday, 2 April 2011
- Saturday 2 April attending a Community Conversation Event at Chapel End Junior School between 2pm and 4pm. This event is open to all Chapel End residents only and please note London and Quadrant will be attending this meeting to discuss the Walthamstow Dog Track proposals.
- Tuesday 5 April attending the final session of the Education Bill Committee to continue scrutinising the government’s plans for education
- Friday 8 April visiting Kelmscott School and judging the ‘Speak Out’ Challenge in the evening at Frederick Bremer School
Posted by Philip CC at 19:20