- Saturday 19th November- speaking at a trade union conference on hate crime in Bedford.
- Monday 20th November- co-sponsoring amendments to the Higher Education Bill to prevent students being retrospectively charged higher costs for student loans
- Wednesday 23rd November- attending the Autumn Statement debate in parliament
- Thursday 24th November- discussing funding for nursery education in Walthamstow with local providers and supporting an event regarding Cooperative Councillors. See below for more details.
- Friday 25th November- speaking at a breakfast seminar on workplace change, supporting the Salaam Peace bike ride in Walthamstow and holding an appointment only advice surgery for local residents. To book an appointment please call 020 8521 1223.
Becoming a Coop Councillor: Event for Local Labour and Cooperative Members
On Thursday 24th November, Waltham Forest Co-op Party are holding a ‘Be a Co-op Councillor’ evening in Walthamstow. This is an event for Labour and Co-operative party members in Waltham Forest who are interested in standing as Labour and Co-operative candidates at the next London local elections in May 2018.
As well as Labour and Cooperative MPs who represent the cooperative tradition within the Labour movement, there are also hundreds of Labour and Cooperative councillors around Britain. This event will be a great opportunity to hear about the role of the Co-op in local government and more generally what it is like to be a Councillor, and how Labour Party and Co-op Party selections work. If you are interested in attending this event, then please register online so that the organisers can get an idea of the numbers, as space is limited.
Online registration and further venue details here: http://party.coop/be-a-cllr-wal-for.