- Saturday 17th September- meeting with volunteers from the Christian Kitchen which feeds our local homeless and joining the march for refugees in parliament square.
- Sunday 18th September- supporting the Curryoake to raise funds for Walthamstow's Nightshelter.
- Tuesday 20th September- meeting with Waltham Forest CCG to discuss the Healthy E17 campaign and patient participation. All welcome so if you would like to attend please reply to this email.
- Wednesday 21st September- supporting the launch of the Cultural Map of Walthamstow at the William Morris Gallery
- Saturday 24th September- supporting the #We17 campaign to celebrate Sonita's birthday and then helping with the Wonder Women of Walthamstow campaign showcase. Details below - all welcome.
- Sunday 25th September- heading to the Labour Party Conference in Liverpool.
|Mark Carney, Stella Creasy, |
Caroline Criado-Perez, Jane Austen
Our Campaigns showcase for projects being run by women from the Walthamstow community has been changed to Saturday 24th September between 3.30pm to 5.30pm. We will now also be joined by special guest Caroline Criado-Perez who helped to secure women's representation on British bank notes and is a leading feminist campaigner.
This event will showcase projects tackling violence against women, supporting the Yazidi women in their quest for safety and justice and promoting good sexual health education and services for all. We'll hear first hand from local activists about their campaigns and crucially how you can support or join them.
This event will be held in central Walthamstow and is free to any woman from our community over the age of 14 - to help us with the logistics attendees are asked to RSVP by email for further details of this event including the venue. Although there won't be a creche, children are also welcome to attend - I'll be providing tea, coffee and juice but attendees are welcome to bring cake. I hope women in Walthamstow can join us in supporting these amazing campaigners and helping ensure their voices are heard.