Friday 12 July 2013

MP Pay: IPSA Consultation and Expenses Panel

Stella Creasy MP writes in this week's Working for Walthamstow newsletter:

"This week many residents have been in touch with me regarding the widely reported proposals by IPSA – the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority which evaluates and manages the MPs expenses and pay - on the next phase of its review of MPs’ pay and pensions. It was set up after the expenses scandal in 2009, to take decision making and policy about these matters out of the hands of MPs entirely. 

"This independent body has suggested an increase in salary for MPs from 2015, as well as bringing pensions in line with other parts of the public sector, changes to redundancy packages to business costs and the expenses scheme. You can find full details of the proposals by visiting IPSA’s website. A consultation on the proposals is now open for submissions until 20thOctober 2013 and you can email your comments to IPSA or visit the website for more information. I would encourage anyone concerned about these proposals- which I personally do not support- to participate in this consultation and raise their concerns. In addition, since my election I have held a regular residents panel to oversee my own parliamentary expenses proposals and approve my annual budget. Any resident who wishes to participate in this process should contact my office."

No comments:

Post a Comment