Friday, 27 March 2015

Where to find Stella Creasy Labour Candidate for Walthamstow, this week

  • Saturday 28th March – campaigning in Rossendale and Darwin,  Burnley and Pendle for a Labour Government
  • Sunday 29th March - Launching my election campaign with Tea with Tessa Jowell MP- to book your place at these event please email Dannie. 
  • Tuesday 31st March – Speaking at the Centre for Responsible Credit national conference in Birmingham and then holding a Circular Firing Up Squad for Women's leadership in Birmingham Yardley
  • Wednesday 1st April- Supporting the Labour Women’s Network election fundraiser in Vauxhall 
  • Friday 3rd April – attending Queens Road Mosque to meet with the congregation. 

Please note as Parliament is now dissolved Stella is no longer an MP - MPs no longer exist until the election. However what can you do if you need help which you would usually seek from your MP? In this week's newsletter Stella explains:

"As many public organisations will only deal with an official representative such as an MP, I wanted to let residents how this affects the assistance I can give them during this period of the general election.  Please note, I will continue to help in the best way I can given the restrictions placed on candidates. 

During this period the Home Office will not accept any correspondence or representation from any former MPs. Unfortunately, this means that during the campaign I will not be able to ask them anything about immigration matters on behalf of any resident. However, residents can contact the helpline on 0300 123 2241 or if you have legal representatives they contact the Home Office for you as long as you have given your permission in writing.

You can also contact the Citizens Advice Bureau on 03444 889 626 or visit the advice Waltham forest website for further information on debt, welfare benefits, immigration, health and social care and more.

Some agencies have also agreed to continue to take queries from my office on behalf of Walthamstow residents.If you have an issue relating to welfare and the Department for Work and Pensions I will need you to provide written consent to raise your case with them.

If your query involves council services e.g. housing, parking, bin collection etc please call 020 8496 3000 in the first instance and ensure you ask for a reference number for your query. Your local ward councillors will continue to remain as elected officials during this time period and can also raise issues - you can find out who to contact at or visit"

No comments:

Post a Comment